For those whose clients/associates interact with the Board of Social Services I have been informed by the agency’s Director of the following:At this point, the Bergen County Board of Social Services building is closed to the public.
People could apply in different ways:
- Online applications are accepted for all programs. (https://bcbss.com/)
- Paper applications could be mailed out to those who do not have a personal computer.
- There is a table set up with paper applications inside the building lobby for people to pick up and mail back for processing.
- There is currently a skeleton crew working in the building’s offices.
- They have some staff working remotely from home.
- The State has relaxed rules regarding face to face interviews, so they now interview all clients over the phone.
- There is a focus on new applications since ongoing clients are already receiving benefits.
- The State has allowed them to keep open any Emergency Assistance ( Temporary Rental Assistance ) cases at least until 4/30/20 . Emergency Assistance will not be closed under the circumstances.
- The amount of new applications coming in for all of the programs has increased tremendously (no surprise with people losing businesses and jobs).